down in the garden where it's cool
[html]

Word Count → 514 Awwe, thanks! I'm not too fond of it, but dskjs. Better than some. Sorry for the wait on this.

The standard for mateship had been set for her by Larkspur and Eris; a business agreement at best, with the result being strong, talented offspring. At best, this was what she expected. Her decline—for that's certainly what it felt like to her—into brilliance would surely fend off anyone capable of feeling true emotions. She desired attention and kindness, but was fickle. Someone available when she was needy, but willing to leave her alone for long periods of time... Yes, an arrangement like that would suit her well.

Currently, such things were pushed from her mind. At only eight months or so of age, it was unnecessary prattle. That, and she had very capable sisters more deserving of true love and affection. From their loins would spring the true future of Salsola. She would thrust the pack into the future not with her womanly wiles, but her intelligence. The kitten abandoned both of them to plod off somewhere unseen in her peripheral vision and Artemisia resisted the temptation to turn her head wildly in search of it. Maybe I'll find one of my own somewhere. Still, she wondered if she could properly take care of one. That would have to be considered in full before she made any sort of real commitment. Listening eagerly to Magnolia's explanation of Halifax, the youth displayed some minor disappointment when she quickly ended the commentary but made no mention of it verbally.

Her offer of company on one such visit, however, made up for it. Brightening visibly, Arte nodded more animatedly than she remembered doing so in a long time. Maybe ever. Without missing a beat, she grinned. I'd like that, She didn't pause to wonder why they shouldn't travel alone. While Maggie was smaller and more petite, the earthen girl was quickly rivaling the stature of her father and older brother, as noted by not only the gentle musculature of her shoulders and legs, but also the height to which she stood when straight-backed. The day when she would be fully grown was fast approaching, though she wouldn't come into a womanly figure for some time yet. That would require more patience.

Reaching out a tentative hand to help her friend in any way she could, it was quickly retracted in case Maggie felt she would be encroaching on some sense of pride or capability. Unsure how to respond to the question of what they should do, Arte settled momentarily on watching her approach the window and murmur something about her bird. She hadn't seen the feathered creature on her arrival to the homestead, but that didn't mean he hadn't arrived since then. Rising to her feet as well, the young woman stretched her arms and shook her legs awkwardly. Are you hungry? She asked after a long moment, all but staring at her companion now. I could catch something for us. Or we could go for a walk... If she'd been more familiar with horses and how to ride them, a countryside ride would have been feasible, but she feared her inadequacy in that department.

<style>
.heraldictxt-2 {font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/7Vx6P.png); background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position: top left;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.heraldictxt-2 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.heraldictxt-2 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:10px 5px; text-align:justify;}
.heraldictxt-2 b {letter-spacing:.05em;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread