i can be brown; i can be blue; i can be violet sky
[html]

Indeed, the word could be applied to too many things. Any string of unfortunate events of whatever magnitude or severity, or even just one incident. Life was a curse. Death was a curse. Thinking was a curse, philosophizing was, reading, pondering too long and too hard. Metaphysics. Humans were their strange sort of predecessor -- not by blood or evolution -- they were not directly related, but they were, perhaps, equal now in society and potential intellect. He had had those conversations before too, contemplating and supposing about a civilization whose time had come. Disease, he suggested, War, both. It was how everyone seemed to destroy themselves, to some extent, even if sometimes, the disease was only in the mind and the war only with themselves.

Laruku did not consider their kind free of anything that had also belonged to the humans. Religion, while less prominent, still had believers within canines. He had met them. He had fought them. Likewise, politics were involved wherever there were communities, and as such, they had their fair share. Play nice with others, even if you don't really mean it. They're not all dead, you know. A while back, a band of them came by. Didn't stay long though, didn't make much trouble. He was surprised he remembered it at all, really. There had been so many other things that stood out more.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread