falling asleep in strange places
[html]
Out of Character

I know I have other threads to reply to, but I had to get to this one first because OMG PUPPY

In Character

Her chest moved with a steady rise and fall, signifying that the adult was in deep sleep. In her dreams, she was exploring the mansion alone. There was very little difference from the first time she went inside - except the walls were brighter, and it was considerably less spooky. Alma wandered the halls alone, her mind making up the details when her memory failed. One such room had a tree in the middle of it, and grass growing in place of carpet or floorboards. The coyote looked up, and saw that the tree had broken through the ceiling. Some of it was still left, but there was just enough to see its branches reach up to the sky.

It was at that moment that the pup pounced on her. Her mind interpreted it as the ceiling falling in. A board fell upon her back, pinning her there with a single nail. Alma opened her eyes and screamed, "AAAAAAAAUGGGHH-" She pulled her head out from underneath her arm, ears swiveling this way and that. Her eyes could see that she was surrounded by grass, but she did not yet realize that she was outside. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH-" She turned her head to see what was on her backside, pinning her down. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa- oh." She found herself gazing at a howling pup.

The female coyote was silent for a moment, staring at the little thing. It looked more wolf than coyote, but that wasn't unusual in the hybrid clan. She wasn't inclined to discriminate; it was just a puppy, it didn't have a choice over which parent it looked like and she herself had known what it was like to be treated differently because she took after the wrong parent. Still, Alma had to wonder who its parents were, and where they were now. It reminded her of the puppies Amy had surely killed, and for a brief moment Alma entertained the notion that this was one of them. "Where did you come from?"

<style>
.freetable-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-c03 b {color:#000000;}
.freetable-c03-b {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-c03-header {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#663619; text-shadow:#bea68b 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:15px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-c03-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-c03 {background-color:#a89279; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #DDE6CF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#00000A; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:400px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.minus.com/i2lWRyS3JpdKC.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 240px 0px; }
</style>
Photo from here, table altered from here.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread