Ain't no rest for the wicked
[html]
Words – 300+

It was him. The pup who’s mother he had abducted now stood before him, no longer defenseless.The pup who’s mother had been beaten, mistreated… taken advantage of… by his fellow pack mates. She had been bent to their whims. The same pup who’s name she begged to see again. Thinking back to it ashamed the wanderer so deeply that his cool and cautious attitude broke. For a split second his dark blue eyes fell to the ground and he reevaluated this meeting. When he brought them up again they wore the his defensive mask again.

Alduin knew everything. He had been young but not that young. He had been present during the brutal abduction. So what happened now? Jaden knew if he watched someone abduct his mother, he would likely hate them. It was a bit difficult because he had never had a mother to love. There was nothing material to compare to within him. But if Alduin knew of the extent of his mother’s displeasure at the hands of Jaden’s former pack, it was a miraculous feet of self control that he had managed this much civility. But did Alduin know that it was Jaden’s guilty conscience that freed his mother? Did it matter?

There was a long and tense silence while the hooded wolf pondered exactly what to say. If Alduin knew all that had happened then nothing he said would change what the other thought. He had a right to hate and he had a right to anger. But he wouldn’t win in a fight against Jaden. It was likely Alduin could put up a fight do to his size, but if it came to win or die, Jaden couldn’t loose. Unfortunately, who Jaden was wouldn’t allow him to beg forgiveness either. He didn’t need the approval of someone weaker than himself, no matter how much Alduin deserved it. Then you do know who I am. Jaden said in a plain voice, and I know why you hate me. You might have a right to. But that changes nothing. So what happens now? To think you have the power to take vengeance for your mother is wishful thinking. his body tensed too, ready for an attack. So what are we going to do, Alduin?

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenland1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#333333; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #500000; }
.jadenland1 p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.jadenland1 {margin:0 auto; width:440px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd5 ... e440px.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:5px solid #500000; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#500000; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.jadenland1 p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.jadenland1 p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread