the speed of light [DND]
[html]

There was visible relief on her face when the girl accepted her explanation; so much so that she almost didn't notice the allusion to the battle on Inferni's soil. To her, the female's anger had seemed strange - yet welcome, much in the same that Vesper's anger had been welcome when she was injured and alone on the borders. "It was a yellow dog. I'm told she goes by the name Amy." Blinking in the darkness, Alma finally noticed the girl's scars. In the darkness she could not quite tell how old they were; whether they were new or gained as a pup. She sniffed the air, trying to pick of the scent of blood or dried blood.

The coyote followed the flaxen-haired woman into the light. Her eyes scanned the female up and down, observing her scars. She winced a bit at the last one; it looked particularly deep, and it must not have been pleasant to gain such, although the long scars on covering her breasts and hips didn't look any better. "Looks like you had it worse than I did. I just had to wear a sling." Alma pulled out one arm, showing the place where the dog had bitten her. It had been nearly a month, so the fur had started to grow back. Yet, there was obvious bite mark visible - a wide gash covered in pink scar tissue. "She bit my arm and shook it and... well, after that I couldn't move it anymore."

There was a pause as Alma wondered if she should tell her the full story, or the abridged version. The latter would put her in a better light, but she'd already confessed the truth to Vesper. If the two knew each other and compared notes - well, might as well have it come out now. "The dog was attacking a coyote and its puppies. At least, I think they were his puppies - I never got a good look at them, but I'm fairly sure. The Optio - Vesper - said Amy has done that sort of thing before. Apparently, she tortured one of her friends." The coyote paused once more, realizing what she said might seem like gossip - and she had no idea how Vesper might feel about telling someone else of it. She regretted mentioning it instantly. "I don't know the details about that, though."
[/html]

Messages In This Thread