the speed of light [DND]
[html]

Alma hadn't even gotten to the part where she had to leave the pups and the coyote behind, although such was implied since they weren't with her now. The thought of mentioning that slipped from her mind when the other female reported that she'd been forced to trade with her. She is a trader? thought the rust-coyote, and made a mental note to investigate that bit of information later. A frown marred her snout at the mention of the dog being along the borders. If Alma had actually patrolled the borders like other pack members did, she might have noticed and interrupted their trade.

Her gaze turned to the mewling kittens crawling out of the pack. They were cute, she had to admit, and perhaps it was best that she hadn't interrupted. If she had, those kittens might still be with Amy now, and who knows what might happen to them. She didn't think a cruel person like Amy could treat any other living creature with kindness; as far as Alma knew she was entirely incapable of it.

The rust coyote's head rose as the woman spoke again. She followed her across the Wastes, large ears swiveling to hear her proposal. "Of course I can," she replied. She didn't know how good a teacher she would be, but she'd try. The idea of teaming up to take down Amy appealed to her, too. "That sounds... excellent." She returned the wicked smile with one of her own. Her mind was already planning just what they could do to her, and how they could do it. "My experience in limited to archery; the reason that dog was able to get away with her crime is because I lacked my bow. Next time, I'll be better prepared." She ran a paw across her bow, feeling the smooth wood beneath her paw pads. Idly, she wondered who else might join her in the fight.

"Do you want to be responsible for her death, Alma?" The little firefly was nowhere to be seen, but she still heard her mother's voice in her ear. "She is too young to get involved in this. An alpha does not lead a pup to battle."

Alma twitched and turned her head to glare at nothing at all. "I am not an Alpha. Leave me alone." She said in a low growl, just under her breath.

The mention of crows caught her attention, distracting her from her mother just for a moment. She turned head back to the blonde woman and followed her gaze. Up above, a hawk had separated one bird from the group - perhaps chosen for its slowness, for it did not look like the songbird would be able to outfly her - and was chasing it. "I have thought of something similar... although in my idea, they're not spies but attackers. No one expects a bird to peck one's eyes out, aye?" She grinned for a moment. "Only problem is in getting one of them. I traded for some eggs once, but I couldn't make them hatch."

"Alma! Listen to me!"

Alma displayed a small, faint smirk in response to her mother's demands and then proceeded to ignore her. Her attention was on her living friend, now. "You've not told me who attacked you, though. Are you not desiring of revenge as well?"
[/html]

Messages In This Thread