the speed of light [DND]
[html]

it's okay.

Alma was pleased her attempts at cheering the girl up had worked. A small smile appeared on the rust-coyote's muzzle. Revenge soothed them both, it seemed. They just had to work to obtain it. Alma thought on all the information she lacked and would have to learned, and wondered just how long it would be before she could kill that yellow dog. A month? Two months? Maybe that was too short. Perhaps several months. By that time, perhaps the dog would have forgotten the incident. Maybe she could take her by surprise.

Alma was jarred out of her thoughts by the yearling's question. She opened her mouth to answer, when the flax-haired woman decided to answer her own question. The older coyote closed her mouth and listened; the girl's excitement and suggestions causing her to smile.

She wasn't sure they would need chicken-wire or something to keep the birds in, as there were multiple bird-havers in Inferni and she hadn't seen them using cages to keep the birds from flying off. Somehow, they'd managed to instill loyalty into the feathered beasts. It was perhaps worth asking how they had achieved that, sometime. The idea of starting out with a songbird didn't entirely please her - but it was a bird, nonetheless. If nothing else, it could provide feathers for her arrows, and perhaps food for the bird of prey they eventually chose to raise.

"Maybe we should get a whole flock of songbirds, and raise them as food for the attack-birds we eventually acquire." Alma suggested. In response to yet another bird-owner in Inferni, she nodded. "There are many bird-keepers in Inferni. I've talked with a couple of them. Still, more information is always welcome."

Alma paused to consider their options, her eyes straying to the horizon. A flock of geese passed overhead, in a v-shape formation. Their cries echoed overhead. "Perhaps we should save the bird stuff for a later date. It sounds complicated." The rust woman said, then let her gaze fall on the younger, more excited woman. "You need a bow, correct?" Alma guessed, and altered her course slightly so they'd be heading towards the mansion, instead of wandering aimlessly. "There's some in Inferni's stores. I created half of them, so I suppose no one will mind if you take one. I'll replace it eventually, anyway." Bowmaking took time, and so it was simply easier for them to take a ready-made bow, which Alma could replace later.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread