i am less a man, more a wolf
[html]
No worries! I'm filled with buckets of muse lately, don't worry about responding overly fast (: / +506

He was dozing slightly, lids grown heavy with the burden of his thoughts and the male ached to close them. His maw opened widely in a yawn and his tongue curled in the mid-afternoon sun, briefly tasting the beginnings of spring in the quickly warming air. It was a good day to take a nap, and though he'd normally prefer to curl up in his comfortable little den alcove, the Gamma thought it might be nicer to relax under this tree. It was, after all, very soft - he'd found a small patch of moss that proved just large enough for his head, and if Shandom put it down it would be endlessly comfortable... Yes, perhaps he would do that.

Just as he prepared himself for the idea of a lovely nap, the smell of one of his brothers permeated the air and the Gamma lifted his drooping head to sharply look around. Mismatched eyes fell on the brother Augustus, though it was clear the younger Epsilon would not be able to see Shandom from this vantage point. A small smirk curled around his dark lips as he watched his brother take in the scent of the Gamma, clearly searching for the older wolf. He remained quiet for a moment as he took Augustus in, eyes narrowing briefly in contemplation of the recent events in the young man's life. He was mated to Ciara. How strange and lovely that must be for the pair, though Shandom could not imagine taking that step for himself any time soon. But it was nice to see a couple in love that truly took the time to get to know each other. It seemed that so many wolves were taking the steps sooner than they should, plunging into what should have been a lifelong commitment after only knowing each other for mere days.

But that was love, he supposed. It made you do stupid irrational things and forget yourself entirely. Shandom knew that better than anyone else. Lea held his heart in her dark paws, and to this day he would still do anything for the midnight girl.

Gods above, he loved her.

Shandom shook his head, trying to rid himself of the image of her beautifully crazed face. There is no need for an apology, the Gamma said, standing and stretching himself out before he stepped from behind the tree. His posturing was proud, tail held higher than low and ears perked forward to reflect his position in the pack. It's good to see you, Augustus, Shandom smiled, moving forward to nudge the Epsilon with his nose in a friendly greeting. Congratulations on your mateship to Ciara. I'm sorry I didn't say something earlier - I've been a bit of a recluse lately. The Gamma's grin became rather sheepish, as if he were embarrassed of his outlying ways. And, in a way, he was. Wolves, by nature, were social creatures, and while Shandom was no exception, he could easily isolate himself for several days without any thought to the contrary.

<style type="text/css">
.shangrass b {font-weight:bold; color:#2e241d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d1d774; }
.shangrass p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.shangrass {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a5923; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1Ok9R.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cce73e; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d1d774; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.shangrass p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.shangrass p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

image - Dawn Thieves texture - lots and taken

table by Nat

[/html]

Messages In This Thread