i am less a man, more a wolf
[html]

OOC What? What? Auggie trying to be silly? What is this foul magic, okay not that silly, but give the guy some credit xP

Word Count → 510

It was a strange and wonderful feeling to no longer be alone in this world, though he and Ciara had many things to settle between them. Augustus withheld so many things inside him, and he was finding releasing them to be…very difficult, even to her. He did feel something in his heart for his gold-pelted mate, but his heart was a scarred, broken thing. It was something that needed mending, but sadly she had not the power to do so, though she tried. It was he that the change must come from, and he was a selfish creature, and sometimes found he did not want to let go. But change would come, whether he welcomed it or not, for better or worse. Life was like that, time was like that, and there was truth to the saying ‘time heals all wounds.’ It would be time that healed Augustus.

It was a few moments before the elder wolf’s voice reached him. His black rimmed ears turned towards the sound and his tail lowered subtly. Shandom was his elder, and Gamma of the pack, and Augustus would show the respect that he deserved, but it was more than that. He knew the man little, but he could not help but feel the presence of a kindred spirit in the arctic wolf. As if their similar heritages were not enough, Augustus saw something in the way he held himself that somehow drew him to respect the man despite any interference of rank. He dipped his head, and it lingered downwards a moment before his eyes turned to Shandom’s face. He avoided the elder’s eyes, for though the differences in their ranks were but little Augustus he felt it was necessary, and he was happy to do so. He rubbed heads with Shandom and wagged his tail. “And you, Gamma.” He replied.

“Thank you,” He said shortly, nodding briefly. “Though I’m not sure I am worthy of her.” His thoughts passed from his lips openly, and his voice was not so rough as it was when he spoke to most others. It was quiet even, and strangely fluid. “I’ve been very much the same.” He confessed, shrugging off the older wolf’s apology. “How was it you were behind that tree?” He asked lightly, raising a brow. “Not hiding from anyone, are you?” He asked with a shadow of a grin. He shook his head and chuckled once. It was a ridiculous question, and it felt strange to jest with someone else. He wondered why he’d even bothered. He most often rubbed others the wrong way, if they even dared to speak to him that was, and that brought another strange thought to him. “I’m not truly that frightening, am I?” He didn’t wait for Shandom to answer before adding, “most others seem to think I am, but they won’t admit it. I see these things, I am not blind.” He didn’t quite know where this admission came from, except for some small part of him that found itself suddenly curious about the way others perceived him.

Table Template by the Mentors!

<style>
.augustus-temp .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.augustus-temp p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.augustus-temp .charname {font-family:tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; color:#151524; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.augustus-temp b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.augustus-temp {background-color:#A1A7BF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... gg-1-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#6C7081; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:489px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #A1A7BF; }
.augustus-temp .inner {margin:287px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#A1A7BF;}
.augustus-temp p.wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #A1A7BF; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 5px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread