i am less a man, more a wolf
[html]
(: / +545

His mismatched eyes, one utterly useless in its explorations, quietly examined the Epsilon before him. Shandom was a man of few words unless directly approached, and in that case he opened up more easily, talking freely as long as the company was right. The Gamma liked Augustus, liked his show of subtle yet still deferential respect. It came with the burden of being older than so many of his comrades, but Shandom couldn't, and wouldn't, question it. Age was something he could not avoid, and though he'd made many mistakes in the life he'd lead so far, he was proud of himself for turning it around. There was something about the Epsilon that made Shandom think he was a kindred spirit of sorts, a brother in arms in the strangely changing world of the Luperci. Perhaps it was because Augustus wasn't Luperci and couldn't shift onto two legs. Shandom wouldn't be expected to behave in a manner that flew against his nature in front of the white-pelted fellow.

A subtle smile curled across his dark lips, and ears flicked back for a moment. You are more than worthy of her, Augustus, Shandom murmured. As long as you treat her with the dignity and respect she deserves, you will be a better mate than most. You two will have many long and happy years together. A spring of envy was evident in his voice for a moment, but the Gamma pressed it back down. So what if he were incapable of maintaining a relationship because hew as so in love with a dark-pelted woman that long ago swore him her life's enemy? Linquilea was beautiful, would be beautiful forever, and she was the perfect creature for him. He loved every move she made, every inflection of her gravely voice, every muscle that coated her too-large body. She was not traditionally beautiful, not like Ciara, but the raven-pelted murderer was more than Shandom could ever hope to be.

I wasn't hiding, no, Shandom sighed, shaking his large alabaster head briefly. He spared a glance to the pack area and resisted rolling his eyes - for some reason, he was discontented today with his family. The Gamma loved them, all of them, in the way that any packwolf loves its companions, but he did not understand them. There were so many who were just so easy in social situations and did not seem to grasp the nuances of hierarchy. It displeased him, and to keep his quick temper from jumping above his rank the Gamma often excused himself. And you're not that frightening - I don't find you frightening, at least. Cougars and bears might think differently, though. He barked a choked laugh, and it was a strange sound. No, I'm simply.. observing. I don't understand some of our packmates, to be honest. They are good wolves, and they care for New Dawn, but I feel myself an outsider again. Perhaps my values are too outdated, or too stringent, but I cannot understand the disregard for hierarchy I occasionally witness. Bitterness crept into his voice for a moment, coating the edges in rough passion that he quickly removed. I do not wish to speak ill of the pack. Forgive me, I do not speak of you, of course.

<style type="text/css">
.shangrass b {font-weight:bold; color:#2e241d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d1d774; }
.shangrass p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.shangrass {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a5923; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1Ok9R.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cce73e; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d1d774; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.shangrass p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.shangrass p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

image - Dawn Thieves texture - lots and taken

table by Nat

[/html]

Messages In This Thread