i am less a man, more a wolf
[html]

OOC

Word Count → 720

Though the uncertainty still lingered, Augustus was relieved to hear Shandom’s words. It made him feel better to hear it from another’s lips. His ears were perked intently forward and he listened to the man’s sage advice, offering a short nod of his head. “I- I can do that, I think.” He murmured. His keen ears detected a strange sort of bitterness in the white male as his sentence drew to a close, but he did not pry into it. It vanished just as quickly as it had materialized, and his ear soon twitched as if it were nothing. He was aware that Shandom had a past, but there was seldom a wolf that didn’t, especially here and now. They all had their problems, though Augustus’s were thousands of miles away, but that did not make them ‘not be.’ His father and mother were still living to his knowledge. Indeed, somewhere in the cold hard tundra lived a chaotic wolf pack, led by a sable tyrant, and his indifferent arctic mate, still spewing ignorance and lies, no doubt. He could not boast a fatal attraction as Shandom, it was true, but as long as his parents lived the uneasiness would remain. He wondered a moment what they’d think of Ciara. She’d never shifted in front of him, never felt the inclination to, but that did not change the fact that she was everything his father so loathed. Why, they’d tear her into pieces on sight. The male gave his head a rough shake. No, he didn’t want to think of it.

Augustus’s attempt at humor seemed to be lost on his companion, and his muzzle emitted an echoing sigh. He wasn’t surprised, in truth, and neither was he disappointed. It was only a passing thought, and a weak one at that. He’d have to endeavor to be more pleasant, but as things were it was a terribly hard thing to do. He followed the white male’s eyes as they strayed to the den, putting the pieces together in his head. It seemed he was not the only one disappointed by the change that had slowly begun to transform their home. It was no longer the sort of haven he thought it to be. He bore them no ill will, or at least not personally, with the exception of Cerberus and Shadow of course. There was just something about the disheveled coy wolf that annoyed him, beyond his involvement in Blind’s death of course. He was cocky and often seemed to push his luck. Plus, there was something about he and Ciara’s mateship that seemed to make the man especially bitter. And Shadow…Shadow was just Shadow, the only wolf in the pack that could hope to outsize him. Although the difference of a few pounds seemed only noticeable to Augustus. That in itself, was enough, but the fact that he had a blatant disregard for pack hierarchy and saw fit to traipse about shamelessly on two-legs, it did nothing but anger the black and white male more. His mere existence here in New Dawn was…abrasive to the scarred wolf.

He chuckled at Shandom’s expense, even offered a hint of a grin. “I’d hope so, by now. That cougar had it coming, I hear.” His attention returned to the pack and it’s occupants, and he found himself agreeing entirely. So much so he found himself shaking his head from side to side when Shandom apologized again for his scrutiny. “I couldn’t agree more.” He said, his voice possessing a hint of a growl. “Things have…changed. Or at least the wolves have. I thought it would be different here, but just give it time and the tainted creep in again like ticks.” Oh, he hated ticks. It was the season for them, too. The very thought made him itchy and he leaned down to scratch at his ear with a hind paw. He then gazed at Shandom hesitantly, remembering who’s company he was in. Shandom himself was among those afflicted by the virus. “I don’t mean, you of course. You’re not…not like them. You don’t parade it about. I have no problem with you, brother.” His gaze drifted sheepishly to the ground. “Ciara’s Luperci, too.” He soon added, hoping it would redeem him of any offense he might have caused his elder brother.

Table Template by the Mentors!

<style>
.augustus-temp .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
.augustus-temp p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.augustus-temp .charname {font-family:tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; color:#151524; margin:0px 0px 50px 0px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:55px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px; text-align:center; width:100%;}
.augustus-temp b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.augustus-temp {background-color:#A1A7BF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v434/ ... gg-1-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family: tahoma, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#6C7081; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:489px; text-align:justify; margin:0px auto; border:1px solid #A1A7BF; }
.augustus-temp .inner {margin:287px 5px 5px 5px; padding:15px; background-image:url(http://soulsrpg.com/images/pride/templa ... ate_bg.png); border-size:1px; border-width:1px; border-style: none solid solid solid; border-color:#A1A7BF;}
.augustus-temp p.wordcount {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; border-top:1px solid #A1A7BF; text-align:center; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 5px 15px; text-indent:0px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread