i am less a man, more a wolf
[html]
Sorry for the delay, love. Finals are killing Rosie. / +565

The Gamma could sense the tension from Augustus, mingled with the nerves of a new mateship, and he could not help but allow the dark smile on his lips to curve deeper with the knowledge of his many years. The slightly larger male was one of few wolves in the pack he felt he could truly relate to, despite the fact that he was Luperci and Augustus was not. But Shandom Qi'Vaex had not been born with the virus tainting his blood; it was not a way of life for him. Rather, it was exactly how it was described - an illness, an irreversible affliction, that he'd learned he must suffer with in order to live a semi-normal life. He'd found this unique balance in the Dawn lands, he'd thought, but so many of the wolves that entered the pack after its conception were just.. Not what he'd imagined, at least. Too often he saw creatures on two legs; too often he saw these same creatures bearing humanized weapons. It simply didn't make any sense to the Gamma.

But, he supposed, part of the loveliness of New Dawn was an accepting mentality. Certainly, this didn't apply to those not of wolfish descent - something that had upset his friend Terra once - but, regardless of whether or not the animal was infected, he was welcomed into the fold. There were some packs where it would be downright uncomfortable to exist on four legs for any length of time. The Court made no efforts to be outright discriminatory, and Shandom did not believe that the mentality of any of the members was cruel or prejudiced, but the fact remained that he could not adequately live his life without feeling the eyes of others bearing down on his back. No, Shandom was a feral wolf, and wanted to live like one. How strange, though, that he had to apply the term feral to himself. He certainly didn't feel uncultured or wild - simply normal. The Gamma was still the same gentleman he'd been before the virus twisted his bones and muscles into something entirely different.

Shandom huffed slightly at Augustus' words, a sort of agreement that was used without words. I take no offense, Augustus, he sighed, shaking his large alabaster head. I doubt Ciara would, either. I, myself, was only infected for the purpose of saving my own life, and while I appreciate that the virus kept me alive, I prefer to live life on four paws, as I did for my first three or so years. Mismatched gaze shifted slightly, away from Augustus and back to the den again. The wolves who lived in there were alien to him, strange as the members of the Court with the exception of a few. Zalen, Titania, Ciara, Augustus, Soran... For the most part, those were the wolves whose company he most frequently kept. He appreciated their existence. I wish I could do something for them, though. Something that would help them integrate into the kind of culture we envisioned for New Dawn and.... well, develop a healthy respect for hierarchy. And perhaps some volume control. Shandom's last statement was joking, but he winced a bit as he remembered the loud noises his packmembers, respectful or not of hierarchy, could make. Blindness had enhanced his hearing, and it was downright uncomfortable when those around him were too loud.

<style type="text/css">
.shangrass b {font-weight:bold; color:#2e241d; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d1d774; }
.shangrass p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.shangrass {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3a5923; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/1Ok9R.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cce73e; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#d1d774; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.shangrass p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.shangrass p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>

image - Dawn Thieves texture - lots and taken

table by Nat

[/html]

Messages In This Thread