i am less a man, more a wolf
[html]

No problem, take your time Smile - - Sorry if this post is confusing, I noticed halfway through that I was looking at the wrong one. I tried to edit it a bit more so it made sense.

Word Count → 813

Augustus shifted uneasily and trained his gaze elsewhere than on his elder’s face. He didn’t like others staring at his scars, and he would not wish the same on anyone else. It was Ciara alone that he allowed sit on his ravaged side, though for Shandom he might make an exception as well. Shandom’s were worse by far, and Augustus felt blessed to have retained his sight. Had his father aimed but a couple inches higher he may have been much the same. A black-rimmed ear of his twitched as the arctic wolf spoke. “Saving your own life, how?” His interest was piqued, and he hoped that by hearing something of another’s struggles he might gain insight into his own. The conflict with Terra had blown over entirely, but it brought to light several flaws the male was not aware of. It unleashed a rage and resentment that he did not know he had, making him far more reluctant than before to speak his mind. “I will always respect Ciara, whatever she is…I would never have agreed to be with her if she were like the other Luperci out there.” He spoke truthfully. “Or weak…” He added as an aferthought. He thought again of his mate. Female’s were pretty creatures, the wolfess Blind came to mind. She had been gorgeous with sleek fur the color of dark chocolate, and a dazzlingly exotic visage, but beauty was not power, as some argued. The bear had proven that true to disastrous effect. “You are of the north as well, brother?” He was not so sure, and his voice possessed a hint of uncertainty. “I would think you understand that the weak do not survive there, and Luperci are few. These wolves here do not know what it is like to have to fight to survive. Day after day…We do what we must.”

“They have lost their way, and their ignorance will be their undoing.” The words were bitter, but it was an unsettling topic for the male. They blatantly disregarded so many of the values he held sacred. They kept weapons and neglected their own natural ones. Fangs and claws were a part of you, and therefore far more useful than any piece of sharpened metal. “You’re a credit to our race, Shandom, I’m glad some of us still remember where we came from.” The bi-colored brute did not give compliments where they were undeserved, and he rarely did so even when they were. It was a sign of the unquestionable respect he possessed for the elder wolf. Shandom spoke of hierarchy, and Augustus did not even try disguising the slight grin that tugged at the edges of his muzzle. “Oh, they will. I’ve been seeing to it.” He remembered that day and Cerberus as he perched above them, as brazen as you please. He had been swift to correct him.

He spoke without inhibition, feeling more and more comfortable, and more of the mind that Shandom alone would know what it was like. It was also practice for the discussion that he needed to have with Ciara. She suffered day by day, unable to get through to him. It was time she knew what kind of wolf she had tied herself to, and it was time for her to decide whether he was civil or savage. “I’ve not talked to Ciara about this, she doesn’t know where I came from, but you do…You remember what I had to go through to get here, brother. Don’t you?” Shandom had been there that day when Titania sought to get to know the wolves of her pack. He wasn’t looking for Shandom’s pity, but empathy, understanding, something that was so lacking from his life. “You knew Terra, too.” He recounted that day, the way he had behaved, and though he knew Shandom had not been there, he had enough knowledge of Terra to know that she would have expressed her feelings foolishly to anyone who had the ears to hear her. “I bet she spoke to you…She thought I would kill her, didn’t she?” He was almost sure of it. The conversation had taken a grim turn, but he needed this, and Gamma was a position which suggested wisdom, and diplomacy. “I told her not to come here ever again, I warned her, and when I saw her lying there, wounded.” He paused. “I would have killed her, Shandom, and not for mercy’s sake alone. She betrayed me, she brought danger upon us!”

It occurred to him that his voice was rising in tone and anger, and of Shandom's comment on volume, and when next he spoke it was a near whisper. “Was I wrong?” He lowered his head and ears along with his voice. He hoped Shandom could put an end to this internal conflict once and for all, but things were not always so simple.

<style>
.augwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8CTKy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#f7fbff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:345px 0px 5px 0px; color:#858484; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #858484;}
.augwolf b {color:#785634; text-shadow:#858484 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.augwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.augwolf p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.augwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #785634; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread