i am less a man, more a wolf
[html]

Yay, always happy to help xD and sorry for the crap reply, I didn't want to keep you waiting any longer.

Word Count → 559

Augustus was neither appalled or surprised by Shandom’s story. Although he hadn’t been the one to actually kill his brother, he’d been accused of it, nonetheless. He was also unsurprised to hear that Shandom had been an Alpha once. They had even more in common than they knew. "I was named Kinslayer before all of my pack. My father‘s accusations were unfounded, but…no one would question the word of an Alpha." The young male snorted in disgust. "Typical. I still don’t understand why." He shrugged, "and most likely never will." His eyes strayed again. "You can’t go back after something like that. And if I did they’d kill Ciara on sight." The truth left a bitter taste in his mouth. He loved the tundra, loved the struggle. It was a hard life, but living there taught him what it was to feel alive. He thrived in it. Every lesson he learned only made him stronger.

He listened to the Gamma’s words, nodding empathetically every now and again. He drew in a breath when Shandom mentioned seeing the wolfess shift for the first time. It brought him back to his very first time. Ironically, it was Terra who had shifted before him, and he nearly tore her apart for it, fortunately then, it had just been with his words. "I suppose I would have done the same…" His voice trailed off, as if he didn’t believe in his own words, the old prejudice bubbling to the surface once again. It was not something he often considered. He was a living ancestor, a rarity in the vastly populated Nova Scotia. He could trace his roots back generations, before the virus to the time where man thrived, and even beyond.

He longed for the tundra, the winter snows. He remembered digging into its depths and laying within so the snow fell around him, eventually covering his entire body until he was packed snugly and securely. His body heat would radiate off him as the blistering cold bathed the world in ice above him. It was a sort of paradise. "It was worth it." He murmured. "Life loses its meaning without it." His black dusted tail twitched a moment and the topic turned to his dear sweet Ciara. He allowed himself a bit of a grin. "Why do you think I keep her so close?" His eyes trailed to the den where she was sleeping. "I’d kill for her." When he said it, he knew it was true.

His ears perked up and the bi-colored brute reclined to his haunches. He gazed intently at the Gamma, eager to hear his wisdom. He cocked his head when Shandom admitted to being much like Augustus. He furrowed his brows a bit, but listened just as attentively. His lips twitched into the hint of a snarl, but he controlled himself in front of his brother. Terra annoyed him to no end, and her betrayal, no matter how slight still stung him. "She’s a fool." He said in a low, rumbling voice. He turned his face away, but his ears were still shifted towards the arctic male. "She was dying well enough, had this been…" he lowered his head entirely now and sighed with frustration. It was pointless to argue, and things were different here than in the north, had that not been what they’d been discussing?

<style>
.augwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/8CTKy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#f7fbff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:345px 0px 5px 0px; color:#858484; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #858484;}
.augwolf b {color:#785634; text-shadow:#858484 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.augwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.augwolf p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.augwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #785634; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread