A Battle of Bows
[html]

:] I SWEAR for faster replies.. word count; 331

No sooner than he had loosed his own arrow, a secondary one flew threw the air and also pierced the same spot. Frodo smiled, admiring the handiwork. He narrowed his eyes to the point of a squint, trying to identify the wood and the feather of the arrow. All he could tell from the distance was that it looked well made, and had a black feather. Frodo's own arrows were blood-red oak and mahogany, with brass markings along their sides. The feathers were peacock feathers. It made them easier to find, and easier to use, having a big, colourful feather.

At the strangers words, Frodo frowned for a second, and then broke into a grin, and then a laugh. His chuckles were hearty, tinkling like silvered bells. And then he cleared his throat, and wiped his brow. I confess, I were showin' off. but then he lifted a slender black finger, and pointed accusingly. But yer were too, wicked little snickersnee. Ask jeeves. he added, rather oddly, his interesting voice not bearing to keep some of his daily nonsense out of it.

Finally, Frodo raised an eyebrow, and fell into a lazy pose. Today, he simply couldn't be bothered to care whether to act cautious or not. Seb was still seeming to threaten him, slightly, but he didn't feel endangered. As if to point this out, he lay down on his belly, chest slightly raised and chin resting upon a propped up elbow. First the worst, second the best. he said with a wink. Third the one with the hairless chest. he couldn't remember where he'd heard that rhyme, or why it had suddenly sprang to mind. Nah, I reckon yer wouldn't have snuck a barter. Yer...yer were scared. his voice was not mocking, but it seemed to tease a bit, as he watched the red form above his head. It were the 'orse, weren't it? he said, slightly amused. Nevermind, every man's weak-of-the-knees at summit. What's yer name, stranger?

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread