A Battle of Bows
[html]

:] it's totally fine. word count; 280+

Frodo almost felt as if he was talking to himself, the way the stranger just looked at him blankly and refused to reply for a long time. Each person he met, their reaction to his voice was different. Some people were amused, some people were politely accepting, some people were disgusted, and well....most people were just downright confused. He got that a lot. But he refused to try and change who he was. He was used to it, although as he'd just been threatened along with his horse, he wasn't that calm today. "I'll tell yer what it is, it's one of you! An' as you refusin' to be tellin' me yer actual name, guess it's what I'll call you, snick'. he exclaimed, crossing his arms in a pouty manner to mirror the stranger. "My turn. What on a cat's nine lives is a Messieur?" his tone was somewhat sarcastic, but he had it down that Snickersnee shouldn't be complaining about other people's accents when he put odd words into the mix too. To be fair, that seemed to be the first thing Snickersnee had said that didn't make sense, but Frodo pushed that thought of his mind.

He looked up and tried to squint at Snickersnee's bow once more, but it seemed as if he couldn't really tell what kind it was, and what material it was made from. Touch wood, if yer done with hidin', Snickersnee, can I press my peepers on yer bow? he asked, wanting to see the weapon so he could compare it with his own. If it could shoot from that sort of angle, it must have some sort of secret, and he wanted in.

<style type="text/css">
.frodo2cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8dc95; text-shadow:#1b190c 1px 1px 2px;}
.frodo2cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.frodo2cai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#a0965d; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/NAi9W.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #281f0a; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#ebe7cf; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.frodo2cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
.frodo2cai p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.frodo2cai p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread