sharpen up your teeth
[html]

I have no idea. I am bad at these things. XD I think Mel fixed any inconsistencies I made, in any case. DERP SIE DERP. At least my post is short this time. ;_; <3 Sorry again.

The mahogany-haired woman almost stumbled and found her balance again, though she just scrambled out of the way of the charging horse. When she turned back around again, she saw Vesper on the horse's shoulder, teeth sunken into the animal's flesh. Myrika felt nothing but fear and -- anger. Yes, she was angry -- at first, she hadn't realized just how angry, but now, glaring toward the big horse with his armed rider and her four-legged Optio attacking him all the same, she was damned angry. It took her a moment to realize Vesper was in her Secui form, but the thought was novel enough to strike firmly in the mahogany-haired woman's mind. Perhaps she, too, could be a Secui next time.

The strange wooden staff whirled through the air and cracked the rider on the shoulder even as Vesper leapt and took hold of her hand. Myrika did not know whether her hit had any effect, for the horse lashed out with a hoof and just grazed her thigh. That was enough, though, and the pain was immediate and explosive -- she spared only a second to look down at herself and was shocked to see blood. Vesper was bleeding, too, though, and Myrika would not have another injured ghost of Inferni. She had saved Halo's life, but not the woman's vitality: all of that was gone with her sight and her strength, perhaps never to return. She would not see the same happen to Vesper, and the staff lashed out again, the pain of her leg forgotten with the rush of adrenaline and anger.

Myrika is by Nat!

<style>
#myriNat {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#myriNat p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#myriNat p.sieImage {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
}
#myriNat .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#myriNat .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#myriNat b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#myriNat u { text-decoration: underline; }
#myriNat b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
#myriNat b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread