Black and White
[html]

The larger wolfdog recoiled, hunkering down submissively and shoving the deer in their direction as he whimpered an apology. The show of deference stunned the merchant, who only stared open-mouthed for a few moments before glancing down at the dead creature, the elegant line of its neck broken and twisted at a terrible angle. He was reminded of the tribe wolf who’d sooner kill himself than displease the Turkish man.

And so he knew immediately.

“You’re one of Amy’s,” Levent stated blandly, and he could see the cat tense up at mention of the woman’s name. Even if they’d more or less made up over the drunken incident at her camp, her name on his lips caused Wilson to grow dark and withdrawn. He stopped, inhaling the scent of the fresh kill and the scarred man, and corrected himself. “Or you were.”

The man smelled of other wolves now, the thick scent of a formidable pack, slightly faded as it was. He did not smell of the woman. He didn’t think that the blonde assassin would be the type to free her slaves, but perhaps someone had bought his freedom.

“I won’t tell her,” the brown wolf promised—or promised for now, at least; his situation might change later, although he honestly did not intend to. “I mean no ill will toward you. You may rise, and keep the deer. I’m not hungry.” His tone was warm enough but still somewhat detached. He knew it was hard to get a slave to relax when they were conditioned to be submissive and alert for orders, and so he didn’t try to coddle him. Instead, he made it clear that he was bestowing permission even if permission wasn’t something a free wolf needed.

“I’m Levent, and this is Wilson.” His blizzard blue eyes narrowed thoughtfully. “Who are you?” The only slave he knew the woman had currently was Raoth.

<style type="text/css">
.lev1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#C05D5C; text-shadow:#1b1511 1px 1px 2px;}
.lev1cai w {font-weight:bold; color:#c5c6dc; text-shadow:#1b1511 1px 1px 2px;}
.lev1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.lev1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#5e5753; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3B5yq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #534b47; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bdb5b0; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.lev1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread