Black and White
[html]

Levent entertained the belief that names had power—but only the names of god and demons. Calling the name of the blonde woman would matter only if she were sitting in a tree, watching and waiting to drop down. What mattered was the name of the darkness within her, although despite the hours they’d played at reaching that darkness, he still didn’t fully understand it. However, even if he had known, he didn’t believe in causing unnecessary pain for someone. He was better at befriending others to get his way than making enemies. Dead men were useless in his master plan.

The brownish wolfdog grabbed the deer but only stared at it for a while, and Levent drew a knife, holding it gingerly by the blade so the stranger wouldn’t see it as a threat. He made a quick gesture with his hands to get the creature back, just so he could help butcher it if the man wasn’t fond of eating it the feral way.

“Hadley,” Levent echoed, and smiled. “Could you tell me of Casa di Cavalieri, Hadley? I come from overseas, and I know pathetically little about the packs here.” He scratched at his jaw and clarified lightly, “I wouldn’t ask you for a precious secret, though. I don’t need secrets so much as basic knowledge.”

<style type="text/css">
.lev1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#C05D5C; text-shadow:#1b1511 1px 1px 2px;}
.lev1cai w {font-weight:bold; color:#c5c6dc; text-shadow:#1b1511 1px 1px 2px;}
.lev1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.lev1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#5e5753; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3B5yq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #534b47; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bdb5b0; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.lev1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread