Bumps and Bruises
[html]
OOC / +333

Helotes gave out a sigh and uncrossed his arms. The girl was eager, he would give her that, and there was no reason she should not learn basic combat. Besides, that was his job wasn’t it? To teach anyone who had the will to learn? Helotes nodded then and went to retrieve two of the wooden staffs he had brought down. He threw one to Raoth who caught it clumsily and stood, annoyed that he had to fight already but glad it was not against Helotes this time. The Hydra then threw the other staff to Emmanuelle, Alright, first I want to see your reaction time so I know what I’m working with.

Helotes turned and nodded at Raoth, who with his newly learned disarmament skills, came rushing towards Emma, who balked and threw up her staff in defense. Raoth did well through, basically coiling the staff around hers, ripping it from her grasp. But he was not perfect either, and when he swung his staff back, his grip slipped and both wooden projectiles went straight for Helotes who ducked before they hit him in the face. The Hydra could help but laugh as the others looked at him incredulously, Very good! He said, but then, Actually, no, that sucked! And he retrieved the staffs again and gave them to their owners, Emma, when someone is rushing you, you have to think fast. There are subtle hints you can see that give their plans away, He stepped behind Raoth and grabbed his shoulders, Is the enemy coming at your with their left or right? Are their steps hitching at the last second? If they are right handed, and they stop on their left foot, their planning to strike, if it’s the other way around, their trying to trick you into striking you must know these things. Stepping back, Helotes crossed his arms again, Now, you are an athletic and smart girl, let’s see what you can do in a spar with the lad.

<style type="text/css">
.helsc b {font-weight:bold; color:#b73012; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #000000; }
.helsc p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.helsc {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#320c0c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/j1MUj.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ac7662; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.helsc p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.helsc p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread