They Came in the Night
[html]

WC :: +309

OOC ::

Vesper was not even given the chance to speak before both her and Helotes’ gazes were drawn up at the appearance of their golden Aquila. As per usual nowadays, the leader had a forlorn grimace on his face, and Helotes ears were immediately drawn down against his skull at the sight of it. Something definitely was amiss, it was confirmed by the dull glint in Ezekiel’s eyes.

Helotes nearly jumped when the black bird upon Vesper’s back squawked out the Aquila’s title, and Helotes stared at it briefly before turning to the look at the leader as he spoke. His words dripped down Helotes' ears and onto his stomach like an icy chill and the Hydra felt his heart beat quicken. Wolves had entered the territory on horseback and armed. There were wounded. The chill slowly sizzled and turned to a low burn as Helotes felt his initial shock turn to indignant anger. How dare anyone enter the clan land and do such a thing. A snarling look set itself upon his features and he spun the spear in his hand to a vertical position and slammed its butt end into the ground, Send me upon them. I will kill any that dare to threaten Inferni. His sentence ended in a low growl.

It was his duty to protect all the living inhabitants of this clan. He had entered as nothing but a lowly Tirones and had worked his way through the ranks, endured injury and shame under the training of the now ruined Halo, and had killed his own blood brother to protect Ezekiel. Now, he would die if it was asked of him, he would spill his own blood if it meant the salvation of his clan, his family. His only regret was that he had not been there when the bastards had come in the night.

<style>
.rattlotes b {letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.rattlotes t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.rattlotes p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; text-indent:25px;}
.rattlotes .ooc { margin:auto; text-align:center;}
.rattlotes {width:500px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e6r6A.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:georgia;}
.rattlotes p b:before {content: open-quote}
.rattlotes p b:after {content: close-quote}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread