They Came in the Night
[html]
sharpen up your teeth

your dreams are more than worth defending

in a fight that's never ending

go on, go ahead and prove me wrong

Word Count → 232

She had expected Helotes’ rage. He was a true warrior of Inferni, she’d learned. Their first meeting had been cruel, but she trusted him to use that against their enemies and completely dominate them. Where the Triarii fell, the Hydra would eventually rise and be the strength that the clan needed. She wanted to go nuzzle him, but neither of them would want such a soft comfort. His fire would have to burn out, and she’d have to stand aside.

The Aquila’s sharp growl helped to destroy the blaze before it’d truly begun to kindle, and Vesper watched with lowered ears as he ordered them to stay put for their own sake. His amber eyes flicked to her, and she lifted her head to the level a subleader’s should be.

“I’ve told the scouts to be careful…but we’ll do our best to keep eyes on the borders as often as we can. They’ll attack anyway, but I don’t want us to be caught off guard ever again.”
Truthfully, she wanted to be on the front line with the warriors. She was ranked both as scout and reserve fighter, but she hadn’t truly proven herself yet when it came to drawing enemy blood. She needed to get her teeth in a wolf, and not some confused fool at the edge of the borders. She was no Lykoi, but she had chosen her home.

vesper by me; table code from the mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.butchvesxx-box {float:right;}
.butchvesxx {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.butchvesxx .words {font-size:25px; font-family:'Averia Serif Libre'; text-align:center; text-transform:uppercase; line-height:20px; padding:10px 0px;}
.butchvesxx p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.butchvesxx p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.butchvesxx .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.butchvesxx p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.butchvesxx b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
.butchvesxx b.npc {font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread