They Came in the Night
[html]

WC :: +317

OOC ::

Ezekiel was quick to snuff out the fire of war starting to build in Helotes’ heart, but the Hydra did not fight it, but instead let it slowly cool to a warm alertness. Ezekiel was right, it was a fool’s game to go rushing into the unknown, and it was a quick path to death. Helotes gave a grunting sigh and placed the spear back into his lap and averted his eyes. His ear flicked to Vesper as she spoke about her scouts and Helotes lifted his eyes to her, Perhaps a warrior can accompany each scout; that way there will be both eyes and strength together at all times. It was a suggestion that made sense in his mind; he knew of the other warrior’s under him, but he had to admit he had been lax in training or interacting with any of them. It seemed peace had made him complacent.

Helotes stood then, Ezekiel, I hope you know that will follow your lead into the fires of hell; my loyalty is with the clan and with you. He put a fist to his chest and made a small bow. Then, flitting half-lidded eyes to Vesper and then back to the Aquila before continuing, This attack troubles me, but I will take steps to rectify my not being there when the enemies came. But Ezekiel, there is something I must ask you… He took a pause, gathering his breath, I have asked Zana to be my life-mate, but she has requested I first have your blessing, for right now all of her belongs to you and the clan.

Helotes looked into the Aquila’s eyes then, not as a threat but with sincerity. He was not sure how Ezekiel would answer, for it had been the de le Poer male who had sent Zana away in the first place, and tested Helotes with her absence.

<style>
.rattlotes b {letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.rattlotes t {font-style:italic; letter-spacing:.05em; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 1px;}
.rattlotes p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; text-indent:25px;}
.rattlotes .ooc { margin:auto; text-align:center;}
.rattlotes {width:500px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/e6r6A.png); background-position:bottom left; background-repeat:no-repeat; font-family:georgia;}
.rattlotes p b:before {content: open-quote}
.rattlotes p b:after {content: close-quote}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread