[M]Acting the part
sucker born every minute Kit thought to himself, and had to fight to keep his distraught look, instead of replacing it with the roguish grin that hid just behind the mask. As part of the act, he could feel Fleta hiding her head in his neck, and was grateful that the empty pouch was slung over his shoulder, so that the feel of her against him was not dampened by the leather strap. "I don't know! I'm not a healer, and don't know any in the area, were a long way from home." Kit replied, adding some fine details to his lies, and he hoped wrench the right heart strings to get a little bit more sympathy.

"Eh... I'm not much of a healer either to be truthful. I've learned a little bit in my travels, but if its broke... about all I can do is give her something for the pain, maybe help set it." the merchant spoke in a bit of a nervous tone, clearly not confident about the setting of the bone part. In truth, Kit wasn't too fond of the idea of letting the act go that far, for Fleta's sake, and was about to try steering the discussion away from more drastic measures, when the merchant spoke again "Well.. maybe we should just stick to the herbs for now, and I can give her a ride to a place I trade at. There is a green leather bag, in my cart, go get that for me.".

It was the opportunity he had hoped would happen, one that got him near the cart, while Fleta distracted the merchant while he worked. "Yes, yes of course." Kit responded in his fake worried voice, before making his way back to the cart to begin surveying the potential pickings. In the limited time that he had at the cart, Kit went for a small half open bag overflowing with dried meat, perhaps two or three pounds of the stuff, and a tarnished silver flute. Peeking back at his "mate", to be sure the merchant was distracted, before stuffing both into his own knapsack.

If his sleight of hand went unnoticed, he planned to move back to the pair with a green pouch in tow. Every step, hoping that the other male would ask him to go back to the cart for something else.

Messages In This Thread