Bitter Moments
Fayne's eyes continued to wander over the night sky. She looked from one star to the next trying to distinguish the brightest ones. Those were the ones that were her family, her guardians. At least that's what she told herself. She'd like knowing which ones were the family members she'd lost, but she'd never truly know. So, she comforted herself by picking out her own stars and naming them after her lost ones. Her blue-green eyes kept glancing at Tharin as he too looked up at the night sky. What he said next drew all of her attention towards him. No chuckles or chortles escaped his mouth only those two words. Those were her thoughts exactly, she eyed him intently as he continued to speak. Her ears swiveled on top of her head as he spoke, her tail was thumping on the grass behind her. She'd only met this wolf a couple of days ago but already she felt like she knew him so well. Though, she knew nothing of his past and he knew nothing of hers, she would like to change that one day. She was always curious about those she met, and made it her goal to learn about them. She also wanted someone to share her own stories and past with. Everything that has happened up until now has been her burden and her burden alone. She was the guardian for her siblings when Ezreal left and that was tough. Feeding two other mouths and not being skilled enough to keep them fed regularly. It was stressful. Oh Ezreal, her beautiful older sister whom she missed so dearly. She hadn't seen her for months and wondered why she left them so abruptly. Hopefully one day they can meet again and by then Fayne will be stronger, she'll be able to make her sister proud. The dainty silver wolf inched closer to Tharin, her shoulder bumping his as she slid over. "Well, that's good. I'm glad I don't sound like rambling maniac." She chortled lightly, Tharin had cheered her up quite a bit. Her eyes flickered up to the stars once again and then back to Tharin.

Not only are they our guides and guardians, but our family. Those who we lose become stars and they watch over you. That's what my alphas told us, and what their alphas told them. But, who can ever know if it's true? Fayne tossed her head back playfully. It doesn't matter, I believe it. The silver fae turned to Tharin and nudged his cheek with her muzzle, giving a small affectionate lick. She was so curious to know about him. Many questions welled up in her noggin. But, she would have to restrain them for the time being and not let her curiosity get the best of her. It's so strange how we come from the same place, we have the same beliefs. It makes me curious about you Tharin. She gazed into his bright amber eyes with a thirst for knowledge, a bright smile on her face. She turned away from him and smiled looking past the den and into the forest that surrounded their home. Her thoughts suddenly shifting to her siblings, then to Ezreal, then back to Rowan. She wanted to find him, she wanted to confirm whether he was the monster her nightmare had portrayed him as. With all of her being she hoped it wasn't true. But, part of her believed it. Often times dreams were warnings and this brought fear to the young female. Her smile faded and eyes focused on the ground in front of her. She pawed at a small pebble that was at her feet trying to alleviate herself from the horrible thoughts. Flashbacks from her recent nightmare haunted her, the horror was evident in her eyes. How could a dream feel so real?

Messages In This Thread