Bitter Moments
Fayne tried the best she could to match Tharin's strength in their war of nudges. Eventually she gave in to him. With each push he became more and more like a brick wall. Her shoulder slamming into him and him not moving an inch. She was much too petite and lightweight to ever defeat him in a battle of strength. He knew he had won from the beginning, his posture proud and dominant. She gave him a silly smile, not caring who won or lost. It was fun being here with Tharin, the she wolf had not a care in the world. He played along when she tossed her tail in his face, reaching out with is jaws to grab it. But she quickly pulled it back before he had a chance to grab hold of it. She ran off and Tharin was quick to follow, dashing after her. If she had anything over him, it would be speed. The small wolf could run at alarming speeds, which had saved her life often in the past. Being able to outrun dangerous predators was a valuable, life saving skill.

A few moments later she was in the meadow, surrounded by her own personal paradise. Tharin was at her side, she turned immediately to look at him. His face was panicked, eyes darting all around them as if he was in danger. Fayne cocked her head at him wondering what could have startled him so badly. This was a peaceful place, there weren't any dangers threatening them at this moment. She almost asked him what it was that he saw, but he had calmed himself before she had the chance to ask. His eyes softening back up, taking in the glorious land they were standing on and answering the question that lingered in her mind. Her eyes brightened at his words, happy that he found it just as beautiful as she did.

"I'm so glad you agree. I come here almost every day now. It's so lovely, better in the day when the flowers are awake. Also, there's always game to hunt." Not that I can ever catch it. The thought echoed in her head, finishing off her sentence. "It's the perfect place." Stepping forward, she looked around at the different flowers, searching for the one Zalen had showed her. When she found it she strode over to it. "Watch this." She nosed the small yellow bud and it reacted to her touch, opening up to reveal the delicious citrus scent from before. Other flowers of the same type opened up all around them. It was a beautiful chain reaction, flowers blooming right in front of their eyes releasing their fragrant aromas. Fayne's expression was almost childlike as the flowers bloomed. Her tail wagging behind her excitedly while her head lifted to sniff the air taking in the scent. "I've never seen such strange flowers."

Messages In This Thread