Reminiscing on (mostly) forgotten memories
[html]

Longneck bottle, let go of my hand

Hey jukebox don’t start playin’ that song again

Word Count → 376 :: Sorry for the wait and crappy post; finals have been eating up my time and stressing me out. Also, I don't know what's wrong with my table. ;_; I liked that one.

Wayne smiled slightly at the other’s remark; he could sympathize with not hanging out with pack mates. He’d been downright antisocial when he’d first joined, suffering through interaction with a grim sense of duty. He still didn’t seek others out very often, but he was a lot more sociable than he used to be; his ring of friends was finally expanding beyond Dixie-May, to the point that he could chat with a stranger in the neutral lands like now.

The other’s smile faded away, and the Labrador mix wondered if he’d hit upon a dark memory—but the other’s expression was more puzzled than troubled, it seemed. He admitted that he didn’t know, and Wayne nodded, content with leaving it at that. He wasn’t one for prying into others’ lives, anyway. It bothered him when others chatted about things he couldn’t change, and so he tended to stay away from such topics if the other didn’t go for it.

Fun, Wayne echoed, and snorted. It ain’t fun. It’s a lot of work—ridin’ for patrols an’ exercise rather ’n fun, rationin’ out feed, shovelin’ up dung, brushin’ an’ washin’ an’ pickin’. After this list, which let out plenty of duties beyond that of Cavallo, he smirked and leaned against the stallion’s shoulder. But yeah, I wouldn’t give up the job for nothin’. Maybe you could see if your pack has any horses and try workin’ with them? Maybe not a real job, but somethin’ to do if anyone needs help. He knew that he and Dixie-May needed all the help they could get in Casa di Cavalieri, but luckily Hadley lent a hand sometimes, and there were other members who liked horses enough to shoulder some of the burden.

coding snatched from kitty&cait

<style>
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Bree+Serif);
.lngbottle {font-family:tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align:justify; margin:0px 25px; width:90%; padding:5px 0px 0px;}
.lngbottle p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.lngbottle p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.lngbottle .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.lngbottle p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.lngbottle b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.lngbottle b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.lngbottle b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.lngbottle b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
.lngbottle .lyrics {text-align:center; font-family:Bree Serif; font-size:28px; padding:0px 0px 15px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:1px; text-transform:lowercase;}
.lngbottle { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/6Mjvm.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread