These little wonders…
[html]

“Well, I’ll forgive you,” she quipped about Dara not knowing her. After all, the woman did seem young and was a bit newer to Cercatori herself. A new home, new world, new family was an overwhelming thing, and it would be easy for some details to be lost in the mix. “I’ve actually spent a lot of time away from home lately, in all honesty. Nearly the whole month at the festival, and then a few weeks ago was my daughters’ birthdays so I went off to visit them in their packs and then stopped by to see a… friend… on my way back.” She glanced away as she spoke obscurely about this ‘friend,’ a lilt coming into her voice when she said it. Her eyes dropped, though not in sadness, as though she was staring at her feet. Still sitting on the well, she watched her feet swing idly.

“It’s nice to meet you finally, Dara,” she smiled. “Linguist is a fine rank. I once was of the traditional ranks myself, but have since switched tier.” Her eyes shifted to the book store again. “I hold the same co-rank as I did then, though. If you need any resources, that is the book store.” She gestured toward the wood, brick and mortar building. “Some of the books were sold off during the festival, but I never would have sent away any useful knowledge, just the nonsense ones about fairy tales and stuff.” Anybody who knew the true Orin would have gawked at her when she said that, for once upon a time all Orin ever lived by was fantasy stories and fairy tales. She had even named all of her children after characters from Shakespeare.

“Maybe you could translate some of the writings. I don’t know any other languages myself but I always wanted to learn. I think there was some stuff there written in another language,” she shrugged, “But I don’t know what.”

Hopping down, she brushed her hands off on her thighs. Now that she was standing on her own two feet it was obvious that the woman was a pipsqueak. She stood just a few inches over 5 foot. “But somebody might have taken it over,” she said begrudgingly. “So you might have to check with them first.” Yeah, there was no small amount of ire in her tone.

“Oh, Sarian?” She asked as she looked to the woods, but the puppy was too far in to see. “Yes, she is mine.” She answered simply. Sarian was not actually of Orin’s body or blood, but that is not what Dara asked so her answer was honest all the same. “She’s a bit of a hand full but she’s growing. About time for her to start changing, I think. Any day now…” Little did Orin know that the puppy she adopted would not actually change, for she was born of pure blood and uninfected wit the virus. She would learn this fact about her adopted daughter in time.

The conversation was moving right along, and Orin didn’t mind. A chatterbox herself, she liked having plenty of topics to discuss in a short amount of time. Dara was eager and pleasant, and she had completely forgiven the woman’s earlier blunder.

“I could always teach you how to craft dyes,” she offered as she began to casually walk across the square, heading toward the southern road. Her pace was slow and easy, and it was clear she meant for Dara to walk with her if she wanted to. “We’ll be having plenty of supplies come into bloom here real soon, and I could even draw up a few manuals on it if I could find a blank journal. And I can tell you anything about the pack’s history, but rather than pull random facts out of the air and tell you things you’ve already heard I’d prefer to answer the questions you want to know. So… ask me anything.”

#600+

<style>
#ogift-hedgehog {width:85%;max-width:700px;min-width:480px;font-size:13px;font-family:Times New Roman, Times, serifs;text-align:justify;margin:0px auto;line-height:16px;letter-spacing:.3px;word-spacing:2px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.ooc {text-align:right;font-size:11px;line-height:13px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:1px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.wc {text-align:right;font-size:10px;font-family:Trebuchet MS, sans-serif;letter-spacing:3px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table {background-color:#bcb2a8;border:1px solid #000000;outline:0px solid #ffffff;padding:0px;background-position:top right;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-top:210px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #bcb2a8;background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/Vxj5X.png);color:#000000;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table p {text-indent:40px;padding:5px 10px 5px 10px;}
#ogift-hedgehog.table b {color:#3f8407;text-shadow:1px 1px 5px #ffffff;font-size:14px;letter-spacing:.5px;word-spacing:3px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread