Melodies in the Night
Dara had gone outside the boarders of her pack, again tonight. She wasn't really in the mood to talk to any wolf in her pack. It wasn't that the annoyed her. She was just in a bad state of mind and didn't want to snap at someone and cause problems. As she always does when she needs to chill, Dara clambered up into a tree and rested herself in the fork of two branches.

She was perfectly comfortable there in her tree, watching the sunset. She leaned her head back, her ears perking up from the position they were in. Closing her eyes, she tried to calm herself down and relax. She was accomplishing just that, until the caw of a bird startled Dara. She slowly opened her eyes and saw the raven perched on the same limb as one of her legs.

She scrambled to get out of the tree, almost falling to the ground numerous times. Her paws shook slightly from the fear the bird had caused by being so close to her. She set her paws to the ground and swung her tail back and forth in choppy motions, highly agitated that a bird had caused her to move from her comfy spot in the tree, Her ears laid flat against her head as the breeze blew through her fur. Damn bird, she snarled walking toward the beach, hoping to find another tree to rest in.

As she walked, her ears shot up as the sound of a guitar floated through them. It was a song she knew. She knew the words but couldn't sing without causing ears to bleed, or sounding like a dying cat. The tune was common enough around the area Dara had grown up in.

The sound was faint, so she followed the sound until she came upon a clear.

She saw the source of the beautiful music. She leaned against a tree, patiently waiting for the she-wolf to finish the song. You know, my mother use to sing that to me when I was younger. I was always angry or upset when she would sing that song. It would easily calm me down. How do you know that melody? Dara asked curiously. She still leaned against the tree with crossed arms, watching the new wolf.

Messages In This Thread