the horse and her boy
[html]
Skoll Haskel
i need another story
something to get off my chest

my life is kinda boring
need something that i can confess

Skoll wanted to spend some one-on-one time with Hwin today. He’d always sat outside her stall and talked to her, and pet her and brushed her coat once, but most of her care was left to the more experienced Alder. It wasn’t that the boy didn’t want to learn how to tend to his own mount, but he wasn’t sure what would be overstepping his boundaries. Certainly, he wasn’t a little puppy that needed to be constantly watched around the horses anymore, but he had learned caution.

He was going to try today, however, to at least lead her out to pasture. He didn’t know how to ride her yet, but he didn’t think that guiding her with a halter would be hard if he walked alongside her. His tail wagging, he dove for the tack, knocking aside bridles with his shoulder, almost kicking a bucket, grabbing one of the old worn halters at last.

“Let’s go, Hwin,” the boy cajoled as he moved past the other horses’ stalls to the bay sabino’s. He swung the door open slowly, and the mare blinked sleepily at him; she was always sleepy when he didn’t want her to be, he thought. He fumbled with the halter until it was around the right way and attempted to slide it onto the mare’s long snout. She stood placidly while he fiddled with the straps, and triumphantly he hooked a rope to it.

“Let’s go!” Skoll barked again, and walked toward the pasture—about three steps, at least, until he noticed Hwin wasn’t budging. “Come on. I know you’re doin’ this to annoy me on purpose!” He tugged again, but she only stared at him innocently and flicked her dark tail.

Word Count: 000
template by revo. <3

<style type="text/css">
.SecskollOutline {background: url('http://i.imgur.com/3N4NM.png') #c88c5b no-repeat top center; width:480px; margin:10px auto; padding:300px 0px 10px 0px; color:#ddd; border: 4px double #000;}
.SecskollTitle {text-align:right; font-size:32px; margin:5px; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#d1581c; font-family: 'Delius Unicase';}
.SecskollSubTitle {text-align:right;font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px 5px 5px 90px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; font-family:verdana;}
.SecskollInput {padding:10px; margin:5px; border:1px double #000; background:#e4d3aa; color:#5d513c; font-family:verdana; font-size:11px; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity = 60); line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.SecskollInput b {color:#d1581c; }
.SecskollSubTitle2 {font-size:9px; letter-spacing:3px; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000;}
.SecskollRevoCredit {text-align:right; font-size:8px; letter-spacing:3px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:5px; line-height:100%; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px #000; color:#d1581c; font-weight:bolder;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread