Fire and Ice
[html]

Word Count: 400 :: xx

Of course this woman knew the area. It was only to be expected, and the blonde dog visibly relaxed at the prospect of gaining something for herself. Traders were, in Linquilea's exalted opinion, nothing more than roaches - so utterly consumed in their commercialized greed that they could not cease to appreciate some of the finer things - blood, perhaps. This girl was naive and stupid like the rest, though she appeared to hide it better. That alone was a relief - the inky woman preferred not to deal with outright idiots, preferring to conduct the annoyingly necessary conversations with those who could hide their stupidity for more than five seconds. Luckily, this blonde thing had adopted a more respectful and deferential tone, and Linquilea suppressed her smirk. Really, traders were rats. She could not stand them.

But in the interest of time she had to deal with this one, as she was rather unwilling to journey across this entire place searching for one wolf. It seemed to be a rather well populated area, and such a task would take her far too much time and present itself as entirely arduous - and, perhaps, useless, if there was nobody willing to turn in her alabaster brother. "It depends on the quality of your information, if I am being frank. I possess several items of assorted values," Linquilea explained, answering the stranger's question. "Assuming you have the information I desire, I am sure we can work out some sort of an accord. Turning, she beckoned the small figure of Niccolo forward, and the dark man began walking to her side at a rather rapid pace. "My son carries my belongings," she clarified.

She thought for a moment, considering what she had in the bag that was slung across Niccolo's back. Several books she'd already read, a knife she would prefer to keep to herself, and, of course, her prized collection of tails. Linquilea doubted the woman would have any interest in decapitated wolves' tails, and she would not sacrifice her knife; the books, however, might pose some interest. What she sought was not particularly difficult, and the books were certainly rare enough. She was no longer interested in them, and perhaps others would gain better use than she. Plus, they weighed the travelling pair down. Unnecessary weight on this mission would cause undue exhaustion, and Linquilea needed her child-servant at his prime.

Lea bust is by Libri; the table code from the mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.lealibri-box {float:right;}
.lealibri {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.lealibri .words {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Bad Script'; line-height:20px; padding:15px;}
.lealibri p.ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.lealibri p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.lealibri .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.lealibri p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.lealibri b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread