Bottle it Up
[html]
[/html]Tayui was quiet as Anu contemplated her words, and perhaps, much more. Anu seemed a little distracted by her own thoughts, and for a few seconds, she looked away, but then nodded and spoke up again. Tayui nodded in response as her friend spoke, unsure of what she could say. After a war, quiet was a good thing, because after all that bloodshed, the only thing she imagined anyone could want was some peace and quiet. Maybe that was why she had driven off that stupid wolfdog the other day. Of course, it might have more to do with the girl’s annoying personality than anything borne in Tayui’s desire for solitude.

It seemed as though Anu wanted to say more, but pulled herself short. Just as she began to drift away, she caught herself again and spoke up once more. This time, Tayui found herself nodding in agreement and not just to show that she was listening. Indeed, much had changed for the both of them. Tayui had taken some changes and then declared vengeance and saw her life unravel. It was nothing like it had been before.

When Anu asked her if she’d yet found a pack, Tayui shook her head. The last time, Anu had offered her a home in Crimson Dreams, but Tayui had joined AniWaya. Since then, she’d found more packs, but no homes. AniWaya had been the only home she’d had, but she couldn’t return.

“AniWaya was my home for two years,” she replied slowly. She wasn’t sure how much she wanted to reveal – although she no longer felt herself seized by pain when she spoke of Noir’s death, she didn’t know if this was the time. “Many of my family found me, but after they left me, it didn’t feel like a home anymore. Once I’d experienced that joy of belonging, I couldn’t let go. So I left and joined Anathema, but it was only temporal. I found another pack, but… it wasn’t any good for me either. Nothing’s felt right. Not since Jaded Shadows, Shadowed Sun, or AniWaya – but AniWaya was different after I lost them and I don’t want to go back,” she admitted. “I’m tired of being a loner, but nothing feels right.” She sighed and then shook her head. “Sorry – it’s just… I know we haven’t seen one another in years and then I just… I don’t know. Sorry for dumping all of this on you.”[html]
[/html]

Messages In This Thread