in the eaves, the corvidae
[html]

I suck so bad, I don't even-
Wordcount: + 3

There was an inherent nervousness to her now, that had not always been there. Once, she had been like her sisters - A carefree thing, a flickering flame that danced and danced in the darkness. But her heat had been doused by a madman with red eyes and a sinner-price who held his blood, and her blood, in his veins. Now she was a flighty thing, taught to be so by their cruel world.

Still, she was not an absolute fool, and no longer totally blinded by her fear. The solitude and quiet with Itachi, in their little hut on the hillock, had done well for her illnesses, both physical and mental. She retained enough of that health now to pause, to remain still rather than flee, as the ghost of that old terror would bid her do.

After a few deep breaths, China became more aware of the situation, more welcoming to the information that awaited her eyes and ears and nose. The little she-wolf seated by the water smelt familiar, with the same tinge that clung to Itachi's familiar musk. She was a packmate, not one of the threatening intruders that her golden keeper had warned her of. The little songbird blinked large blue eyes, docilely, at the other girl, and her large coyote ears pricked forward as speech washed over her.

Draugr was given another startled blink before the frozen statue came back alive. "Oh," She squeaked again, this time in an unsure tune. Rounded, owlish pupils darted around the small glade, seeking any others that might be present. Reassured of the fact that the two of them, at least, were alone, China's gaze returned to the other. "Oh, hello. N-no, I don't think we have," Her voice was soft, shy. She had not spoken to anyone aside from Itachi in a long time. Some familiar instinct kicked back in, and she moved to pick up the deer hide from the ground and fiddle with it, awkwardly. "My name is-... My name is China." Came the songbird's soft coo again, and a fragile smile curved up her pixie maw.

<style type="text/css">
.china-x01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#000000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.china-x01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.china-x01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.china-x01 {margin:0px auto; width:450px; background-color:none; background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... /vine3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:none; padding: 10px 0px 20px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#111111; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread