and shes not what you think shes an actress
Her ears fell back in confusion at his tone, at his submission. Yes, she had insisted on proper respect last time, but not like this. This was depressing, this was unneeded. "Noah, can't you look me in the eyes? Please..." Her voice was a soft whine as she entreated her grey toned son. "Please, Noah, I just want us to live life as normal again. Go back to calling me mom, or mother if you have to, but please don't cringe away from me. I didn't mean to loose my temper Noah, I didn't.... I've regretted it ever since."

She moved forward him, intending to nuzzle him, to some how show her love for her son in a way he couldn't ignore. "Noah, I love you. Don't be mad at me, don't act like this... please...."

Overhead, the sun was shining. The sweet musk of Soran was drifting off of her like a lover's perfume, entwined with the smells of the pack, the lichen in the communal den. Birds were singing nearby. The woman couldn't believe this scene was playing out so differently than how she had imagined it.

In her fantasy it had been a beautiful thing, a wonderful reunion between mother and son, and it would fill them both with joy and hope. This travesty was not at all what she had imagined.

Messages In This Thread