A functioning cog in some great machinery
[html]
here i am!

Denver wasn't ready for this. He had only just recovered from near heartbreak after a near-battle. He couldn't do another one. And Maggie, what if she got hurt again? He bit his lip as he followed her, blue eyes glancing now and then to the dark woman called Siv. She reminded him of Eris, only much, much larger; especially in this form. Siv also made him much more nervous, but he tried not to let it show. Right then he was more concerned for his own life, anyways. All was silent, until it wasn't. When he heard the crack beneath Maggie's feet, he froze, holding his breath for a split second to listen. But it was too late; they'd heard.

One of them rushed forward, and so did Denver, growling as the glint of steel came into view. Maggie was ahead of him, and she yelled at him to run, but he wasn't about to do that. She wants me to run, he thought absurdly, after it nearly got her killed last time. He wouldn't run now, and he wouldn't let them get Maggie again. Reaching down for his freshly sharpened dagger, he wielded it ferociously as he rushed towards the rust-colored, foreign youth. He had no idea who these strangers were, but he didn't think they were Ichikan. They wore cloaks and had all sorts of weapons that he didn't. Even so, the boy was young, the older, gray wolf was still ahorse, and three outnumbered two. He hoped that would be enough.

<style type="text/css">
.detou b {font-weight:bold; color:#d7b688; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #1a1206; }
.detou p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.detou {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#624838; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/remzC.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 210px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#b28c7f; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.detou p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.detou p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread