all the choices in the world
[html]

The coyote crossed her arms, a frown of disapproval falling on her face. It was not his teasing that annoyed her, so much as his lack of responsibility. He seemed the type that would use any excuse to weasel out of doing work, and she could easily image that one hour might lead to another, and perhaps to a whole day. Whatever he had in mind could end up taking all of her time, if she wasn't careful. "I don't know what you have in mind for 'relaxing' but I suspect it will take more time than you suggest."

Her tail flicked, rising upward just a bit, in a wolfish display of dominance - although it was rather hard to see in her two-legged form, while her back was turned away from him. Her ears stood straight up, and her eyes locked with his. "I cannot be idle until my task is done; for all I know, they could be attacking now. Or perhaps in a day, or a week from now. I don't know when, but we need every advantage we can get." Her voice was calm, although her face still held a slight scowl. "Otherwise, Inferni will be wiped out." She paused. This fellow wasn't an Infernian, and probably didn't care whether the coyote clan lived or died. Taking it from a different angle, she spoke again, "And they won't stop with us, I'm sure. They'll move south and find you and any other coyote when they're done with us."

Ironically, Alma had once been lazy and prone to distraction - perhaps not as much as this one was, but enough to irritate her birth-pack. The journey to Nova Scotia and having to survive on her own for two years had done enough to mold the laziness out of the coyote. Joining Inferni had given her a goal and something to work towards, and she had her packmates to consider. She actually liked them - unlike the grumpy old wolves she'd been raised with.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread