Morning's Light
[html]

Titania

Moonsong

Word Count → 400+

The note of surprise registered by her pack member went unnoticed by Titania, distracted as she was by the absurdity of what he was doing. The shore of Cercatori d’Arte was far different than that here in New Dawn, but she still apparently had more beach going experience than the wolf. Either way, it was a bold and brave (or stupid?) thing to take on a creature with such large claws.

“I thought you’d gone mad and started eating rocks,” she told him with a chuckle. Her eyes turned to the pink shellfish that now lay lifelessly on the sand, and she cocked her head in a surprisingly wolfish look, despite being in her Optime form. “I’m told they’re called crabs, and I think it’s safe to assume by your demonstration that they’re not part of our regular diet.” But she knew other creatures were known to eat them. The humans had, she knew from the stories her mother told her when she was a pup, and some Luperci had adopted those methods too.

Well, she wasn’t about to pop this thing into a boiler and cook herself up some shellfish, but it did raise the interesting question of what it tasted like. “I’ve never even caught one of these things before… not that I ever tried…” she muttered, then raised back up to her full height and peered around the beach. Espying whatever it was she was looking for, she moved away a few paces down the beach and grabbed a large rock. When she returned, she held it tightly in her fist.

“Stand back,” she advised Tharin carefully and then slammed the rock down on the width of the sea creature’s back. There was a cracking sound, but the shell hadn’t broken fully. She tried again, this time aiming for the spot that was already opened and weakened by the wolf’s teeth, and the shell gave way to shards. She tossed the rock aside and looked at the mess they had made. “Well, dig in.” She offered, then realized Tharin didn’t have any hands.

Crouching at first, she sat on the sand and began to pick away the pieces of the shell, exposing the meat inside. “That’s weird… it doesn’t have any bones…” she noticed as she picked, not realizing that the shell she had destroyed was this animal’s version of bone.

Finally, with the shell picked away, she licked salty fluid (it didn’t look like blood to her) off of her finger as she again laughingly instructed Tharin, “Okay guinea pig, you try it first.”

table code from The Mentors! mods by Nat

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.fairytit-box {float:right;}
.fairytit {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.fairytit .words {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Berkshire Swash', cursive; line-height:20px; padding:15px;}
.fairytitt p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.fairytit p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.fairytit .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.fairytit p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.fairytit b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread