Morning's Light
[html]

Titania

Moonsong

Word Count → 300+

Looking at his expression alone she could tell that the wolf didn’t like it. There was no way they ever could have broken into that beast without the use of Titania’s hands, so obviously it wasn’t something they were naturally meant to eat anyway. Probably just best to leave it alone. Still, Titania wanted to know for herself, and since Tharin didn’t keel over dead from some poison (not that she had been expecting that to happen, nor would she have let him eat it if she did), she plucked a piece of the meat from the mess and dropped it down her gullet.

It was very fishy but with a different texture. More rubbery meat, she thought, and not quite so bad as Tharin’s expression hinted. “It would do in a pinch,” she said. And after all, meat was meat. If something ever happened to cause a shortage of prey in New Dawn – moon forbid! – they could get by on the sea until the woods were replenished. It was a comforting thought.

She grabbed one of the larger, spindly legs and tore it from the creature. Picking and poking at it for a minute, she gnawed lightly on the open end and sucked some of the muscle out from the inside. This might actually grow on her quite nicely. “Actually, I think I like it. Doesn’t quite cut it over a nice deer haunch, but I’ve come across worse.”

She sat down in the sand, still lightly sucking at the crab leg for the bits of meat that she could get out of it. “I wonder if any of the rest of it could be used for anything else.” The thought met a dead end when she realized she couldn’t really fathom a use for it.

The wolfess sat in silence for a moment, letting the sounds of the sea and the screeching gulls fill the void for a while. After a short, peaceful moment, she began drawing shapes in the sand with the tapered end of the crab leg.

“So Tharin,” she asked idly. “You’re not a Luperci, right? What’s your story? Where did you come from?”

table code from The Mentors! mods by Nat

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.fairytit-box {float:right;}
.fairytit {font-family:trebuchet ms; font-size: 13px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.fairytit .words {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Berkshire Swash', cursive; line-height:20px; padding:15px;}
.fairytitt p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.fairytit p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.fairytit .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.fairytit p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.fairytit b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:13px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread