Haunting me
Large ears drooped as he explained that it wasn't that he felt sorry for her, kept calling her beautiful when even then she didn't feel any of that sort. How could he be saying this? It all had to be lies, never once did she feel sure of herself or even remotely pretty, why would he say such confusing things? Selene looked away, feeling tears well up in her eyes. They fell softly on the side of the couch, welling up in dark spots on the soft armrest. The young woman hoped it was out of his sight, hating his sympathy and gentle reassurances. If it had been her choice, cutting her arms would have simply be easier to find the vein, watch her life spill from her body in a torrent of pain. Have it end easily, the hell that Hadley and Isa put her through combined was just too difficult. 

Standing, Selene poured his glass of wine and set it in front of him. Trying so hard to shake away his words. He was backing up her enemy, maybe it was just that conflict of interest. Considering that Ismeme was related to him. Wordlessly, yet her mind buzzed with so many retorts, Selene sat back down on her side of the couch. Was that why he had come here? To remind her that Isa was actually some angel? That wasn't right. Anger ripped through her body until finally she had to reply softly, hating how emotion betrayed her voice. "If she didn't mean it, why would she go after it? Doesn't she get the meaning of "taken"? I guess not. She ruined my life, took away the man I had trusted with every fibre of my being, left me homeless. Let me tell you, it's no picnic." Shaking her head, Selene averted his eyes from his own. "It shouldn't matter anymore though...There's this other man, Fritz...He cares about me--It's just, I was there first in the pack...And they both pushed me away." Her ears pulled back as he was willing to explain why he cared. Sighing defeatedly, "Any's fine..." Hopefully Fritz would be back soon, sure Thanatos was okay to be around. Yet the Great Dane with the jade eyes had a way with her, able to smooth down the demons with a soothing voice, calm her fears with a simple embrace. "It's corroding away my heart though...Everytime I think of it, I just want to take a knife--And take away all that pain in a simple stroke...I don't want to see her again...Ever. Or Hadley--I want to forget...Never remember who had killed me inside, start new."

Word count: 439

Messages In This Thread