Wandering Child
[html]
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v160/ ... /ceres.gif); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
ooc

Cer was surprised to hear Zephyr’s words about shifting. Not because she hadn’t run into a wolf that couldn’t shift, there were plenty of them, but simply because she had never thought about there being a big difference in shifters and non shifters. Logically, she knew the differences, especially when one saw a normal wolf next to a were. Yet she didn’t think being able to shift would matter in the ways of leading a pack. She rarely shifted, and when she did it was usually when she was alone, or with only a few other people, and she had never shifted for any reason other than to have fun in her other forms. It had never helped or hindered her leadership. "Well, it’s not so difficult. Of course, right now I feel I am failing my pack. They are in this silly war with Inferni, which I don’t wish to be a part of, and my sub leader, Haku, is in control of the pack while I heal up in Twilight Vale. I suppose the job would be harder if I had members who didn’t respect me, but for the most part they all seem willing enough to go with what I say."

Even when she was unshifted and they were, and literally looking down on her, no one had questioned her words. Now, perhaps they thought less of her, but that couldn’t be helped. She couldn’t return, didn’t want to return, until the war was over. “Do you feel uncomfortable with all the shifters? I mean, would you rather be with normal wolves? I know there are a few of them about, loners mostly, but a few in packs too. But if you wanted, you know, you could be a shifter too.” She knew that it was possible, to transfer the ability from one wolf to another, or rather the virus that granted that ability. Her father had done so for her mother, although neither of them shifted very often if she remembered correctly.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread