empires start in an open field
[html]
|| THROUGH THE TRIALS ||

Athanasios' religion didn't really have any gods, rather than guides. No particular idol was worshipped in a sense, but was used as an example for whatever moral was to be learned. He hadn't though about wormwood as the source for the girl's name, it did make a little more sense than Artemis, especially if there was no other Greeks like him in the area. "Oh, my apologies, my friend. I hadn't thought of that." It was an honest mistake, however, and Than was quickly over it. It turned out the girl didn't know who Artemis was and had asked for a clarification. Well, Than was becoming quite the teacher today. He used his hands to animate his story, as if it was part of the account. "In Greek mythology, Artemis was the Greek Goddess of the Hunt. There's a story where a hunter named Actaeon found her at a waterfall, naked. She saw him and turned him into a deer, then Actaeon's hunting dogs ripped him to shreds! It's a gruesome story, but interesting nonetheless."

He smiled further as she tested his name and found it to her liking. It was interesting how smart and yet serious this girl was. Whoever her teacher was, they must have noticed this too. Then the topic switched to his mask, still gleaming on his face. It was his identity, as far as Than was concerned. He knew nothing other than that. "Why, it's my mask, my μάσκα. It is something all of the Brothers have at the monastery. It shows you follow Ο Τροχός, the Wheel, and are on the path to enlightenment. It does not hide my face, my friend. It is my face."

|| OUR TONGUES ARE TIED ||

<style>
.circle .title { font-size:11px; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.1em 0.2em #000; letter-spacing:12px; color:#000; text-align: center; }
.circle .title2 { font-size:11px; text-shadow: 0.0em 0.1em 0.2em #000; letter-spacing:11px; color:#000; text-align: center; }
.circle p {padding:3px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:25px; }
.circle b {color:#000; letter-spacing:-.1px; }
.circle .wc {text-shadow: 0.0em 0.1em 0.2em #000; letter-spacing:-.1px; }
.circle {font-family: arial, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:500px; text-align:justify; padding:60px 0px 10px 0px; }
.circle-border {width:500px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread