I will search the world
[html]

Word Count → 309

The wolfdog’s tail wagged behind him as he noticed the book in the woman’s slender hands. He was wondering about what wonderful tales those pages hid when the white lady noticed him, falling back while a weasel of some sort leaped up, indignant sounds leaving its toothy mouth. Having never been challenged by something smaller than him, the prince blinked and scrambled backwards a few steps with his ears falling back into his mess of mane. He opened his mouth to apologize before the woman scolded the little critter then went ahead and apologized to him first.

“Oh,” Skoll was startled into answering, and then he laughed. It was deeper than it used to be, but still a boyish sound. “It’s okay; I’m sorry for um, startling you and stuff.” He grinned broadly at this courtesy, and the expression only broadened at her bright smile and words about his home. He nodded hurriedly and pricked his ears as she gave her name. “It’s good to meet you, Giselle,” he replied warmly, and gave the stoat a little glance, muttering, “And you too, I guess.”

He was about to introduce himself when she cooed over his horse, grazing obliviously on the hill. He glanced over his shoulder at the mare and nodded. “Pretty silly, you mean,” he said, giggling. “But thanks! Her name is Hwin; she was a gift from Cercatori d’Arte.” He thought the bay sabino was kind of plain, just like the name she’d had in her old pack—Brownhorse—but he supposed she could be seen as pretty. She was a Court horse now, after all, and the steed of royalty. That reminded him that he’d yet to give a proper introduction, and he puffed his strong white chest proudly.

“I,” the young man boasted, “am Prince Skoll Haskel, son of the King of Cour des Miracles.”

<style type="text/css">
.skaggs b {font-weight:bold; color:#9e9d2a; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skaggs p.ooc {font-size: 11px; text-align:left; padding:0px 30px; text-indent:50px; }
.skaggs p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.skaggs .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#9e9d2a;}
.skaggs p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 20px; margin:0px;}
.skaggs {width:100%; margin:0px auto; max-width:730px; min-width:500px; background-color:#ffe1ad; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/XQULT.png); background-position:bottom right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #4a4233; border-top-left-radius:50px; border-bottom-right-radius:50px; font-family: georgia; font-size:12px; color:#4a4233; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread