[AW] Noise, Noise, Noise.
The sudden shrill cry of a bird rang through the air and Ignatius pricked his ears to listen while he turned his head toward the sky to catch a glimpse at the offended bird. It took him a moment to find it in the top-most branches of a tree but when he did, he could not look away. He took in every bright blue feather and the pattern of white, black and blue that decorated the northern bird. He had seen birds of every color in the rainforests of the southern continent but he always stopped to admire each new species he found. What point was there in travelling the world if he did not actually see it?

Even as he watched the bird, he continued to move, though perhaps a little more slowly. Pippa gave a snort and gently nudged his shoulder, reminding him that they had company. He pulled his eyes away from the beautiful bird just as the man spoke.

She was a pretty horse and well cared for, that was true. Yet somehow, Toby did not seem sincere in his remark. Likely, he was just making conversation but Ignatius answered all the same. “Well I like this horse well enough. I haven’t had much time with other horses but Pippa has been with me since we were both a year old.” He rubbed the mare’s nose affectionately as he spoke. “She says thank you or something close to that anyway.” The general feeling was of thanks and at least that was something easy to put into words.

Messages In This Thread