wave goodbye to what you were
[html]

I don't think they ever met, although I guess we could say they saw each other and talked briefly after a pack meeting.

Alma nodded as the tawny male gestured to another tree, and set some of the wood down. Although archery and woodworking had done a lot to aid the muscles in her arms, she had a feeling they would be hurting by the end of the day. The task was perhaps boring and difficult - especially considering she didn't know how to do it - but it needed to be done. She'd come a long way. Once, a project like this would have sent her running to hide or making excuses. The flame-colored coyote had been a lazy pup, and if her birth pack had a similar idea, she was sure she wouldn't have cared a whit. But this was Inferni, a clan full of coyotes and coyote-hybrids. Although she'd not made very many close friends in her time here, she had felt far more welcome than she had ever been at 'home'.

The male wandered off, and the redhead approached her. Alma peered at her from behind the pile of wood in her arms. "Hi." She shifted her feet slightly, trying to get a better balance so the wood wouldn't fall off while she was talking. "Thanks." There was a slight awkward pause, as the coyote wondered how she was going to explain that she didn't actually know how they were going to build these stands. "I, uh, can't take all the credit for it, though." She said, and decided to delay mentioning her inexperience. "During the last attack, Emmanuelle climbed up a tree to get a better shot. I did the same thing when some horse came running at me. I thought being up a tree might be helpful - so long as your opponent doesn't know you're there and can't throw knives at you, or what not." She huffed a little, as if the latter had happened to her.

<style type="text/css">
hr { height:0px; width:100%; margin: 0px 150px 0px 150px auto; }
.runningdeertablerun {width:500px; border:none; margin:0px auto;}
.runningdeertableooc {font-family: times; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.3px;}
.runningdeertable {font-family: Arial; font-size:13px; text-indent:30px; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:14px; width:510px; text-align:left;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread