Skinny Dippin'
[html]

I am really sorry about the wait. I'll do my best to keep more up to date from now on.

Neela quickly worked over her moment of shyness, moving forward with a smile when the white furred woman beckoned her over. Neela dropped down besides the woman, sitting cross legged and letting her belt fall to the floor with a heavy clank ad the tools and pouches crashed against each other. "I'm Neela. Nice to meet you." The collie's soft voice was oddly controlled, more short and clipped than her usual melodious sound; a slight audible representation of the undercurrent of nervousness present in her mind at attempting to integrate into a new home. Again.

Unsure how to start a conversation Neela simply sat back and started drying herself off from her swim; wringing out the long mane crowning her head before retrieving a band of leather from a pouch on her belt and beginning to tie it up in her usual ponytail. Dixie's staring and exclamation caught Neela off guard for a second but she recovered, "Yeah, I built it a few years back. Travelled up the country on it to get here." Neela took the offered meat and snapped it up, smiling in gratitude, "Thank you. I was born down south as well, not sure how far though; my map reading's a bit iffy. I was born near a place named Mexico if that rings any bells." Neela was starting to relax slightly now, her shoulders losing a previously unnoticed tension, "Pretty confusing place to grow up actually; half the people there spoke English and the other Spanish! Having to learn two languages as a kid sucked. Muy útil, aunque."

Reaching over Neela rooted through her belt for a few moments before finding one of her knives and unsheathing it. The sharp, serrated blade was designed more for combat or cutting rope but it would work for skinning. "Ya want some help with those?" she offered, idly running the blade across the tips of her fingers and noting that it would need sharpening soon.

Word Count :: +329

<style>
.Holder {width: 640px; margin:0px auto;}
.NeelaFor { background-image:url(http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/4457/neelaforest.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:center bottom; border-radius: 15px; background-color:#ffffff; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:15px 0px 345px 0px; color:#; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; }
.NeelaFor b {color:#f5000f; font-weight:bold; opacity: 1; }
.NeelaFor p { color:#008416; text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.wc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center;font-style:italic; padding:0px 5px; margin:0px 0px 0px 15px;font-size:11px; }
.ooc {color:#000000; letter-spacing:0px; text-align:center; font-style: italic; padding:0px 0px 0px 15px; margin:0px 0px 0px 0px;font-size:11px; }

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread