drinking from our skins
Kit had been lazily taking a nap amongst some dense underbrush, his plans to find a meal long since abandoned from failure. A day without a meal wouldn't kill him, and there was always the possibility of finding a half eaten carcass to gnaw on, or a rabbit that wasn't quite fast enough, but for the moment Kit wanted to be lazy. Those plans ended up being dashed as well, when an injured deer burst past his hiding place, with a female of his own kind in hot pursuit.

Not inclined to make himself known right at that moment, Kit simply watched things play out, and especially followed the movements of the female. If Kit had a weakness, it was the other gender, and the way he grinned would have been obvious if not for the brush hiding him. With the distance between them, Kit was not able to make out all of the details that he would have liked, but caught sight of the scars, and other signs that the female had been through rough situations in the past. Not that the scars deterred his thoughts of trying to sweet talk the female, and would have started to consider appearing if the female did not take of as soon as the deer was dead.

Mildly disappointed at missing the chance to see how the stranger would have reacted to his silver tongue, Kit began to lazily remove himself from the cover, and approach the dead deer. Even if he had not got the chance to feed one of his hungers, he at least planned to fill the hunger in his stomach. It didn't really cross his mind that she likely would be coming back, and probably not happy to see him stealing the best portions of the deer, but Kit sometimes had problems of not thinking too far ahead.

"I guess its my lucky day after all. Maybe I'll even be able to take some of you back to Fleta, thats sure to make her happy..." Kit spoke lightly to the deer, before setting down beside her to begin tearing into the lifeless body. It was one of the situations where Kit wished he still had a knife, a tool that would have made eating a little less messy, but a dip in some stream would clean him up from the meal. If she did return, he wouldn't have been paying a whole lot of attention anyways, and be busy filling himself.

OOC: Sorry Sad I didn't quite match your post ;_;

Messages In This Thread