drinking from our skins
Fresh deer was a delicious treat, and given Kit's poor hunting skills, an uncommon one for the male. Kit had become quite distracted by the feast he was partaking in, one that he most certainly had not earned, but thieves rarely cared about such distinctions. Each morsel that he took tore away, and chewed on was better then the last, and Kit's half closed eyes made it obvious that he was enjoying himself.

If the true owner had simply remained silent, Kit wouldn't have been hard to sneak up on, but the male quickly realized he was not alone when a snarl mixed with words reached his ears. Green eyes shot open in mild surprise, while racing to pinpoint the source of the angry sounds. The same female he had seen chasing after the second animal, and approaching him to reclaim the dead deer.

After the initial shock had faded, Kit began to slowly move away from the deer, his eyes for the first time getting a chance to really examine the unnamed female. A variety of scars all over the female were either a sign of lots of abuse, or an experienced fighter, at least in Kit's eyes, and from the dominant way she approached, he doubted a habitually abused female would act that part. Beyond the scars, she was a pretty thing however, and Kit couldn't help but entertain the idea of smooth talking his way into sharing the meal.

"Just waiting for you to come back, I thought I could keep you company, and it didn't seem like you could eat all of this by yourself." Kit spoke in what he hoped was a disarming tone, while his hands were lifted palms facing the female as a sign he didn't want to fight, but didn't move terribly far away from the deer. "I'm Kit, can I get a name for the pretty lady I just met?" was added almost seamlessly, a subtle attempt to gauge how receptive the stranger was to compliments, and of course if they would take his words as a benign compliment, rather then the flirting he intended.

Messages In This Thread