drinking from our skins
[html]

*cough* Yeah, so, I just had to reply to this. >_>

The ruddy-brown thief glanced at her, his movement sharp, and Vesper let her bristling tail drop when he shuffled away from the carcass. Her thin lips cut a frown into her muzzle as she surveyed the damage for a moment, knowing even a few mouthfuls could go a long way for the clan-at-war. She knew such a meal might have meant a lot for this mutt, too, but any sympathy at his thinnish body had been frozen away by her darkened mood. He didn’t smell like he had children to look after, and had he been starving, he wouldn’t have backed away from the deer so meekly.

Some of the violence faded from her body as he attempted to placate her with lifted hands, but she growled at his remark. “I can’t eat all of it by myself,” she confirmed, striding closer and swishing her tail behind her. She still would have been more comfortable on four legs than two, but she didn’t show it. Her lip curled as she finished. “It was for my clan. Many mouths could have been fed.” Her blue eyes remained narrow.

The male smoothly introduced himself as Kit before asking for her name, at which point her ear flattened against her head and her small body stiffened. However, the moment passed. If she bit every man who tossed a compliment her way, she wouldn’t have made it as long as she had. She tried to swallow her biases and answered gruffly. “I see no pretty ladies here.”

Certainly, Vesper did not think herself beautiful in any way. A woman had called her cute, once, and others had tried their hand at referring to her beauty. All she saw when she looked in her reflection was a scrawny hybrid, pelt patchy with different markings and deep scars, streamlined in lupus but more androgynous than anything in optime. It didn’t mean that she had a bad self-esteem, but she didn’t have any opinion on her appearance. There were simply many women who actually deserved to be called beautiful, and she was not one of those women.

<style type="text/css">
.vesjcai b {color:#c9bdbd; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai .npc {color:#8A632D; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesjcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d3a3a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U9Py0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2b2828; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#afa897; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesjcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread