drinking from our skins
[html]

The male coywolf agreed to helping her (although she would have likely beat him until he carried out the labor) as well as getting to know her (although she turned her eyes away at this statement, her jaw stiff). She did not play stupid this time as far as knowing that he was referring to her, even if he didn’t say “you” or her name. While not many men saw her as attractive—as malnourished and scabby as she often looked when she met them—there were some, and these were always the ones who saw her for a certain piece of her rather than as a whole.

When she felt his fur on hers, she flashed threatening teeth in a way that could not be misinterpreted. Moving swiftly away, she nodded distractedly at his suggestion and positioned herself at the front of the deer. Having the entire animal between them would keep any more accidental touches from occurring.

Vesper did not delude herself further, but she knew that if he tried anything more than what he had, he would die. It was as simple as that. She had been frightened and helpless and desperate when Helotes pressed her into the dirt; the memory made her jaw tighten as she grabbed the legs of the doe. Now, she had two deaths under her belt, and it would be simple to cause a third.

“Start heading west,” the scarred woman ordered, pointing with her nose. “You can walk backwards; I’ll tell you if you’re about to trip over a rock or run into a tree if I feel like it.” That said, she started to shove, which would push the meat into him if he didn’t get his ass moving. She remained hard and silent, focusing on moving and reaching her territory.

<style type="text/css">
.vesjcai b {color:#c9bdbd; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai .npc {color:#8A632D; text-shadow:#080404 1px 1px 2px;}
.vesjcai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.vesjcai {margin:0px auto; width:520px; background-color:#3d3a3a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/U9Py0.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #2b2828; padding:0px 0px 270px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#afa897; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.vesjcai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread