drinking from our skins
Kit had for the moment, decided to settle on simply enjoying the view as he carefully walked backwards, and was impressed that she had not yelled at him immediately for gazing so directly. The male would have much preferred to be holding Vesper, then the dead animal that he had been bullied into carrying, but he was at a loss on how to get what he wanted with the strangely aggressive female. The lecherous wandering of Kit's were interrupted temporarily, by Vesper's words, and the coywolf listened for what he expected to be a demand to stop staring.

Vesper's words felt like a lecture to Kit, a rationale of why he shouldn't have showed interest in the scarred female. The advice ran counter to what Kit had experienced with most of the opposite sex, that touch was the best way to show, and create interest. There had been exceptions, and Kit doubted Vesper would be the last to reject him, but it seemed to work more often then not. He was about to say as much, when the burden he was carrying shifted slightly, drawing his attention to clumsily avoid dropping the would be meal. When Kit's eyes returned to Vesper, he noted the smirk, and scornful comment.

"That was my way to showing I wanted to get to know you, but I guess you were too busy being afraid I was out to get you..." Kit responded, his own smirk forming at the suggestion that she had been afraid of him, rather then disinterested in his attention. "As far as where I come from... I'm from far south, and I don't chase after just anything that comes along, only the pretty ones." Kit added, his tone, and the way his eyes returned to Vesper, suggesting that she happened to fall into that category. Kit wasn't quite ready to give up all attempts at turning things back to his favor, but he was also readying himself to drop the deer, and run. He had got his fill of the deer after all, and wasn't willing to stick around for a beating if the scarred female reacted poorly to his continued attempts at getting into her favor.

Messages In This Thread